For Media Inquiries:
Adventurers and business travelers jaunt to different parts of the globe daily putting them at a greater risk of disease and unsafe situations. You have real reasons for concern regarding your health and safety while traveling in this dynamic world.
• Fifty million people travel to the developing world each year and over a quarter of them report medical problems.
• About 4 million are sick enough to seek medical care abroad or upon return.
• Up to 50,000 travelers each year require medical evacuation.
This book addresses a wide range of possible topics in a concise and easy reference format. It provides an excellent basis for travelers to recognize areas of concern.
• Why most travelers do not carry medical evacuation coverage and why you must?
• What do you do when you are bitten by an insect, have an allergic reaction, have a dental emergency, suffer a serious nosebleed, remove a fish hook from your finger, develop an unexplained fever, experience a pain in your belly, or even catch a cinder in the eye?
• What do you do when you suffer a physical attack?
Watch a promotional video for the book here:
Lizard Bites and Public Riots
To read an interview with Yahoo Travel click:
Dr. Michael Manyak was interviewed on January 5, 2015 on NBC news affiliate Channel 8 in Washington, DC, about his newly released book. To enjoy a home viewer’s recording of the interview, visit http://youtu.be/GgyorZy5ctA?list=UU2bh332gnt1dPt6CzDj8S8g